RIP Lemmy

I am not going to right paragraph after paragraph about Lemmy's passing.  I own a handful of Motorhead records and have never heard much I didn't like and this, coupled with the frontman's penchant for living life to the full made Motorhead a very attractive prospect to me and countless hundreds of thousands of others.

The fact is that - for me - this is what today should be all about.  Far from wallowing in grief we should be celebrating the life of one of metal's last true icons.  Lemmy lived life how he wanted and did a fucking good job of it from where I am standing.  He is rightly the envy of many of us. Most of us dream of a truly rock n roll lifestyle but only a few of us get to live it.  Lemmy made it seem effortless but unfortunately nobody is indestructible.  I will raise a few glasses of JD tonight in his honor, whilst playing a selection of Motorhead's finest releases.

The king is dead, long live the king.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Excommunion "Thronosis"

Inquisition "Bloodshed Across The Empyrean Altar Beyond The Celestial Zenith"

Megadeth "Dystopia"